Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Console

4 posters

Go down

Console Empty Console

Post  tan Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Anyone here play console games? Ps3, xbox?
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Console Empty Re: Console

Post  Inenor Ietageed Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 pm

i got a Wii, wish i had a ps3 ... i wana play ratchet and clank :'(
Inenor Ietageed
Inenor Ietageed

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Ah, i was gonna suggest doing something on the ps3, the only system i have. I'd be game to kick your butts in some street fighter 4 or form up a red dead posse.

I'll just have to wait til vec buys me a new computer for TOR. think

3-5 months to go!
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah...all I have is my sons WII...when I can pry it out of his hands, which isn't often.

I read an interesting article that claimed that console gaming as we know it was going away in favor of streaming content directly from the web. some links for your horror/enjoyment:

http://www.nerdles.com/2009/11/27/square-enix-predicts-the-death-of-console-gaming/

http://www.videogamenews.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ArticleView/mid/625/articleId/669/The-death-of-console-gaming.aspx

but how will they get us to pay for all that peripheral crap thats such a big part of the console gaming experience?

cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:02 pm

They won't get you or anyone to pay for it because the world ends in 2012. oldtimer
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:37 pm

tan wrote:They won't get you or anyone to pay for it because the world ends in 2012. oldtimer

Bringing up an old subject, I was wondering what people think about the world ending in 2012? People are going by Nostradamus and Mayan calendar. Nothing said the world was gonna end but there was gonna be a great change. Now most of the world being wiped out would be a change. It'd be fucked up if the aliens finally came back after 26,000 years. The ancient aliens people love to talk about who helped build ancient civilization. Then there's Jesus is coming back....Guess we'll figure it out in Dec 2012. If it's something shitty, let me get wiped out.
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:44 pm

If anything happens i think it could be something less mystical like the ice caps melting from global warming, causing flooding of major cities. Something like that would definitely change the maps and be considered a global change.

What's kinda strange, when hearing about the return of jesus or aliens bringing doom, there's still this odd positive thread to the subject. Even though they're supposed to destroy everything at least we might get a few more answers about the world or the universe. That's why when people see flashing lights in the sky they run and get a camera instead of finding cover.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 pm

tan wrote: That's why when people see flashing lights in the sky they run and get a camera instead of finding cover.

Those people haven't seen V or Independence Day...lol
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 pm

I totally believe in alien abductions, i think it happened to me.

If anyone is on the fence about it i recommend a movie called "the fourth kind", scared the shit out of me. What's so scary about it is that its real, there's real audio and video, my mouth was open in shock for 80% of the movie. They explore the idea that aliens are able to bring their ship down in the middle of the night and mind block anyone involved in seeing the thing.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:21 pm

I tend to believe in ufo's, abductions, and such. The universe is just too large for there not to be some other form of life other than our own. That said...the fourth kind is a hoax. Like tun I watched it and was so freaked out I couldn't sleep for a week so I decided to do a little investigating and it turns out that the entire movie was a carefully concocted hoax meant to add extra freak out factor.

1) there is no record of the psychologist who narrates the movie beyond a website that was hastily put together prior to the movie and taken down not long afterward. No medical association has any record of her.

2) much of the "real" footage turned out to be fake and many of the actors in said footage identified.

3) The "dissapearances detailed in the movie were determined not to be alien abductions but something much more earthly...prejudice. If I recall the story correctly there is some animosity between the native people and the white people who live there. Most of the dissapearances happened A) in winter B) at night and C) after the missing person had been drinking(not much else to do on an alaskan winter night) It is suspected that many of those missing actually succumbed to foul play and good old fashioned racism. double check me on this..its been a while since I looked it up

So all in all it appears as if everything about this movie was carefully fabricated to lend it the air of authenticity so that it would scare you that much more...and it worked. but uncovering the scam helped me sleep a little better at night.

Google fourth kind and hoax and prove it to yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind

The actress from the "real" scenes:
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm sorry i can't watch that vid, just looking at that womans face brings back memories of that movie and scares me too much. I remember i had to start and stop that opening scene at least five times, the lighting and makeup they had on her, she looked like a living corpse, too much.

Well i'm not holding on to it, they said it was all true at the beginning of the movie, if its not then its not. The only thing is that the movie was centered around the abduction of an adult and child, that's pretty serious to hoax up a kidnapping or just downright sleazy to latch on to a real tragedy for entertainment. Is she a real person or a character, its not just one woman, no one has ever seen this family anywhere before ever?

Personally, i think the government knows something about this stuff and is keeping it secret. How is it that we're just now learning how cd's work?
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Why the hell do they always have to mix ufo stuff with horror, can't even look at her face.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum