Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview

3 posters

Go down

Interview Empty Interview

Post  tan Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

I've got a big job interview next week. Anyone have any tips for this sort of thing? Heaan you probably hire people right?

The one question i'm preparing for is that stupid, why should i hire you question. I think interviewers ask that question just to watch people squirm.

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Interview Empty Re: Interview

Post  Heaan Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:39 am

Well I am in construction so I dont think my interveiwing process is the same for other jobs. I rather see someone walk in in Carrharts instead of a suit and I never ask questions like why I should hire you. I pretty much get all the info I need off someones resume. I am more into what their skills are than wether they have good personality or not. I will have to say that best thing you can do is have confidence and so no nervousness at all. A person that is confident and relaxed is gonna have a way better chance than most people going in

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks Heaan, I'm gonna try and not be so jumpy.

I saw the list of people i have to talk to next week and panicked a bit. My best shirt doesnt fit the same as when i bought it so i thought maybe i could burn the fat off between now and monday so i could look my best. This thing has me so on edge i went jogging at night in the cold cold air and ended up catching a cold, foolish.
I'm flying out to california and will be back on wednesday. I'll share pictures, wish me luck!
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:01 pm

hope to see you in our neck of the woods TUN...where abouts you going?
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:41 pm

I believe its San Francisco. I won't be able to see anything though, its just three hours of business and then back to the airport.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 pm

well at least get yourself a loaf of sourdough bread and a cheesy golden gay bridge souvenir at the airport...got to make your time worth more than a bag of salty peanuts and half a can of soda.
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 am

I didn't get it, i was a bit of a mess in those meetings but they have a great crop of people working there. Those airport shops are such a ripoff, i didn't buy anything, they had 3-4 dollar bottles of water. Highway robbery. Even the hotel had a 2dollar bottle of water on the counter, why would anyone do that when there's a tap. That night i walked a block to the burger king, big mistake, three teenagers were working there, my stomach has been upside down since monday night, shouldn't have trusted it.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum