Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing this weekend?

2 posters

Go down

What are you playing this weekend? Empty What are you playing this weekend?

Post  tan Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

I picked up Demon's Souls but i'm not digging it too much. I thought it would play out more like a castlevania title mixed with traditional rpg stuff and it does kinda but the death mechanic they have mixed in is overwhelming. It's brutal, every time you die they start you back at the beginning of the level and you have to fight your way through it again, and you die a lot. Not only that but when you die you drop all the souls you gain through that run of the level. Its just like the ghost system in wow or the early days of swg but if your ghost dies before you can get back to your body to reclaim stuff that's it, you lose it all. There's no pause button, you have to find a safe spot if you want to go over inventory. And the same goes for healing, in the middle of a fight you have to run away to put enough distance so you can safely watch your guy eat the heal juice.

The penalties are making it not so fun, i keep coming back to play it though that's the odd bit.

I'm guessing the cataclysm claimed Vec, he's been gone since it came out...
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

What are you playing this weekend? Empty Re: What are you playing this weekend?

Post  irzi76 Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Vecau is a major WoW nerd and is leveling like his 4th 85. I stopped my account last month since I was really getting bored with it. Don't know what I'll be playing this weekend.

irzi76

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

It makes me sad that he's spending money on Wow when he should be saving it for my TOR subscription. The first month will probably be free as usual but after that it's just going to hit his wallet.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down