Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey A Movie!

2 posters

Go down

Hey A Movie! Empty Hey A Movie!

Post  tan Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Return of the movie thread. Talk about a movie or show, recommend something etc.

If anyone has netflix i HIGHLY recommend checking out Battlestar Galactica from 2004. I just started watching the show and it made my list of favorites pretty fast, its up there with the best of all sci fi shows like quantum leap, terminator: tscc, and firefly. The show is like they mixed terminator with robotec, and you get wrapped up in the conflict from the very opening.

Also, did anyone check out The Cape?
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Hey A Movie! Empty Re: Hey A Movie!

Post  tan Fri May 13, 2011 2:29 am

I'm still trying to will myself into watching the last two episodes of The Cape. It's a bad show, the reason that it's bad is that it's filled with lies. Bullshit moments. For example, the kid that can't recognize his dad as the cape. This guy is standing out on the fire escape wearing a cheap mask and a silk blanket, talking in his regular voice at full volume, only 5-10 feet away, and his 11 yr old kid can't identify him. Anyway.

I finished checking out Battlestar Galactica, still think its great and worth checking out. Wasn't crazy about the end of the show though, it didn't feel like there was any conflict resolution. It was like watching two tired boxers retreat to their corners. The death star didnt explode. Every character in the show ended on a note of "ok i've had enough".

Also, fox canceled The Chicago Code, best new show on tv. They keep screwing people over, first Firefly, then Terminator, and now Chicago Code. Besides the clone wars, that was the only show i looked forward to each week. I've completely stopped watching tv except for the news.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I watch Battlestar Galactica on Netflix also it was really good so was firefly.

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 am

What are you checking out now? If you're looking for something, i'd say check out Dr.who. As far as storytelling goes, dr.who is probably the best piece of tv streaming on netflix.

Come to think of it, i lied before, i do watch bill maher, camelot, and game of thrones. Thrones is awesome but parts of it are so messed up, was that a fake tit that kid was chewing, or did she really let him.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down