Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy X

4 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy X Empty Final Fantasy X

Post  Vecau Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:08 pm

i was watching this ffx walkthru on youtube and remember how awesome this game was....the trials sucked but otherwise the game was awesome. i don't actually want to play it again, but watching someone else play it is entertaining enuff for me.

Batman
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X Empty Re: Final Fantasy X

Post  tan Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I've got a soft spot for FF8. I'm guilty of the same thing, sometimes just watching the ending and credits on youtube.

BTW, did you ever check out FF12 or FF13?
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:33 pm

I started FF13 a couple of weeks ago, currently on chapter 7.

People have reviewed that the game's stages are linear, you start a level and walk down a tunnel, fight, then repeat. It's true, there's no exploring like in previous games, there's no errans where you have to fetch an item from one place and take it to another and you also don't have control over who leads your party this time around. It's a different experience.

I like it. It's all about the cut scenes this time, you dont read what people are thinking you get a little movie and the game is chuck full of cut scenes.
Spoiler:

There's a moment when, from an injury, this kid is riding piggy back on the guy that he wants to kill for revenge... they start to have a conversation and then the guy hands the kid a knife. That's good writing.

Great cast this time too, the characters are memorable, i can't remember anyone from ff12 besides fran. Anyway, so far so good... best one since 8... so far.

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 am

Well i finished it, i've got mixed feelings about this one. It's better than the last one.

The game opens up later on, you can select your party and party leader. At the very end they give you the option to back-travel so you can do missions or grind.

The good:
The cut scenes, the rendered movies, they're great this time around. The game is pretty, i don't know what else to say about it, it looks amazing.

The bad:
It's bottom heavy. You spend the entire game with characters that don't know what to do with themselves until the end. The story needed work. They did a lot right with ff7 and ff8, whatever team they had then they need to call them back.

BUT its pretty. You can overlook a lot if she's pretty.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rebna.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 pm

You can overlook a lot if she's pretty.

I hope you remember this quote when it comes time to play TOR Razz
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Hahaha i will, i'll just be grateful to have it since its been 6yrs... but they still need to work on those lightsabers and the animations are still stiff and need more expression.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum