Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWG Closing Down

+2
Heaan
cosca
6 posters

Go down

SWG Closing Down Empty SWG Closing Down

Post  cosca Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:03 am

Theforce.net

i can't feel anything but sad even though I havent played in quite some time. I always thought I would litterally be the last one there to turn out the lights.

I raise my glass in toast to SWG, our home for five years...you will be deeply missed.
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

SWG Closing Down Empty Re: SWG Closing Down

Post  cosca Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:23 am

You know...I was talking about it with amola...and since they have suspended billing, we should log in to see the old girl out. Lets sit on the grass of New Alderaa and bullshit awhile.
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Dammit...nevermind about logging back in...I can't get The Station to accept my password. Even resetting isn't correcting the problem. I don't think I can get back in Sad
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 am

Where is new aldera now? still on naboo? havent been on since server switch

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 am

Last time i was on they blew up all the abandoned houses so every city pretty much looked like a ghost town.

I dont think the game is taking any more money for people to reactivate, its just for the ones already subscribed.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Well it let me make a new toon on starsider i named him heaane

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Doh, my goodbye letter said that starts in september.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Inenor Ietageed Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm

cant believe its all going away... you think their just gunna launch a missive black hole into the middle of all the galaxies and say thats how the story ended?
Inenor Ietageed
Inenor Ietageed

Back to top Go down

Post  irzi76 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714000/star-wars-galaxies-private-server-brings-swg-players-a-new-hope/ just seen this today

irzi76

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

I tried emu once, its just hard to go back in time.

I bet they're going to end it with darth vader and obi wan handing out paintings in the middle of coronet.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

I was telling Irzi the other day, if SWG hadn't gone south, I'd still be playing SWG. Wow is cool and all but it just didn't have the closeness factor. Hell we had a city....lol...I want my damn SWG holograms.

Me and Tun would just sit and shoot the shit at random places in the city. You could enjoy people's hidden interior decorator. Watch jbo getting hunted. Molest NUN. Chill at Arthus's. But favorite was whooping ass as a jedi...

Vecau the Zabrak...signing off...
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:59 pm

They made something great in the beginning. What early swg got right was that they made a civilian side to go along with the war. They made such a diverse system that in the beginning i was playing a character class that wasnt even on the roster. I started out as a surveyor we even had a small surveying club forming, Strawberry, Lobos, Necrosis, me, sometimes vec... i still have screenshots i think, there was a whole network forming. Kinda makes me sad that TOR won't be as open, seems like a dungeon crawler.

This brings back memories, i remember when i found my first yellow belt, it was on a bazaar machine in Moenia. That was back in the days when people hunted fambaa by the shuttle. I was starting to make a friend with this one woman, forgot her name, just remember she was really getting into character and was going up the medic line to be a nurse, her character also had really big tits. I remember getting it off the bazaar and putting it on, it was like indiana jones finding his hat and whip for the first time, i had a belt and a backpack... so i turned to her and said how do i look, and she said "looks nice".

Remember it like it was yesterday.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh tun...you have opened up the memory box and its all gone an spilled out.....

I remember how proud I felt when we beat out VRtech and laid down the city...the guild was not much older than that and Amola used to deliver these rabble rousing speaches at guild/town meetings.

I remember the first time that I met most of you. We met vec helping....it was either amola or TUN doing the holo grind by hunting fambaa's outside of town...he was a doc at that time.

TUN we met while doing some random mission on tatooine...all I can remember was that default dance he used to do ALL THE TIME while standing idle. It formed the impression of a very good natured and friendly wook...and that impression turned out to be the truth. TUN was a medic then.

Arthus I met as one of Amola's droid customers...I don't know how she talked him into joining the guild but I think It was because he was also friends with Jephyr...another long forgotten name. Even in these early days...Art was living on Tat in a Tatooine sm house and he was beginning to amass a collection that would eventually crash my computer just by being near it.

Irzi its harder for me to remember...him and prako used to be buds. I can't recall whether Irzi joined up when our guild merged with Stiks guild in the early days of our town...or if it was later when Nshadow and crew joined up. Irzi will have to remind me...but I have come to appreciate the wookiee/trando rivalry he brought to guild chat as well as his rock steady presence on guild missions. BH's with flamthrowers were FTW.

Inenor came in about the time of boogler(remember him?)...Inenor was kind...and very shy and working his way up the creature handler tree pretty much on his own as I recall...but then I tended to spend so much time on my own that maybe it just appeared that way.

Hendi came in about the same time as Vajra and Heaan who came as a pair. Right away Hendi and Amola/Sago became rivals to get Jedi unlocked first. I know Hendi still stops in to read this board and I hope he finds some way to join us in TOR...especially now since there will be no SWG. Sad Hendi was one of the first to climb the piloting tree and made me SOOOOO jealous.

This is just the short list...mentioning strawberry brought it all back. So many names and so many people I wish could join us again. I don't think that TOR is going to have the same noncombat/socializing opportunities that SWG had but I intend on taking what I learned at SWG and trying to make TOR(and GNHU) the best it can be. We will have A LOT of new faces joining us and every one is a potential long term friend...just like you all have become to me. I am sad that SWG is closing down but untimately thankfull at the same time because of all it taught me and because of all of you.

So I have a question for all you guys...Do you think that you can bring the same passion that drove you in galaxies and your quirky/irascible/loveable personalities to a new game and a new crew? I am hoping that answer is yes....because I believe you all are the best and are totally up to it. Besides...I got your back...(because that means the rancor eats you first. Very Happy)

Cosca
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  irzi76 Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I came to REB when MAYHEM, who I was going to college with, told me to send a tell to Hendi and he invited me to the guild. I started playing SWG when Jump to Light Speed came out.

I brought in Nshadow and another friend around the same time I became jedi

I remember Jbo and I first started becoming friends when I'd join him on grinding jobs for money and xp, wish I still talked with him:(.
And loved telling the wookies they needed to mow my lawn.
I remember the time we took on that huge humanoid creature that was naked and his ass was showing.
I remember the time Art challenged me to a dual when I did not respond he started dueling Jbo then I accepted and we double teamed Art lol
I remember art getting me hendi and some one else killed by a star destroyer
These and many other memories

irzi76

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 am

That whole time when everyone was doing xp stuff with jbo on kashyyyk was a lot of fun. That was the first time i got into a bh fight. I remember taking the shuttle in theed and as i was going up the side ramp the adventure music started and my lightsaber went hot. I remember reaching the shuttle room with the droid and lag got me, one second there was a freeze frame of me running and the next i had two bh's laughing and sending me you suck messages. One of them thought i was such an easy kill that he tracked me back to where we were fighting the raged wooks but it was a fair fight then and i sent him to the cloner.

Now hendi's bh fights always impressed me, i remember him fighting off bh's down by the river and seeing his sword swing away, sometimes it looked just like the movies. Big chunks of his health bar would get knocked away and somehow he'd never go down.

I remember when inenor showed up too. I remember that boogler guy, couldn't help but peg him as young, he was 15 or so. Not saying i didn't like him or anything but he used to ask a lot of questions and it would wear me out a bit, he also got into the habit of asking for money. The guy was making me tired and then inenor showed up, also young, and was the complete opposite. Ine was cool to hang out with, that was around the time we put up our first war bunker in the city.

Vec's "can't beat my meats" meat vender in the mall.

Playing secret agent with Vaj, running around na ducking behind houses and whispering.

Danger mountain with prako if anyone can remember, that was really early. I hope he shows up again.

That first run to kaadara with vec, that was the first time i left moenia, we ran from the bottom of the map all the way to the top and it took us a good half hour.

BUT one of my all time fav memories in swg is still wook vs atst with cosca. Kaadara was imp controlled, crowded with npc's, and we both geared up commando and cleared it out, it was like an action movie. Even though we were overpowered for the activity once we went up against the tanks it got "hairy" for a moment, sorry couldn't help, we had to retreat at on point and try a different strategy. Then there was that one imp that couldnt get away, i'm still laughing. That was a good night.

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Hahahaha...that was great Very Happy TUN should make a commando alt on TOR and we could really bring some destruction....lol.

I remember one time we all sadled up and headed out with KOTOR to a big base PVP base raid on Dantooine...it was a multi guild event and there was so many people I couldn't see the beginning or end of the caravan. then when we got to the fighting it was so laggy I crashed and couldn't get back in...so frustrating but hilarious in hindsite.
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Inenor Ietageed Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:12 pm

i miss those early days, it was great just hanging out and listening to all of you tell me stories, being told and remembering tricks of the trade, and running arround being the only polearm/creature handler because no one got how cool i thought that was Very Happy
Inenor Ietageed
Inenor Ietageed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum