Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universe talk

3 posters

Go down

Universe talk Empty Universe talk

Post  tan Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Great talk, i have to admit that i don't fully understand the expanded universe as he explained it. The blueberry and the pancake. I watched another talk where he compared it to a ship's horizon... wherever the ship is, it would be in the center of it's field of view, ok i got it, but the ocean doesn't have a center, its a sphere. So, when you consider the big bang theory that the universe started at one origin and expanded, doesn't that mean that there's an edge somewhere still expanding? And what do you think is beyond that edge Shocked

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Universe talk Empty Re: Universe talk

Post  tan Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Alright i get it now, very interesting, i never thought about space in this sense. So they believe space is spherical, its operating on the same terms as the ship/ocean example. I always figured it was like a shapeless void stretching out in any or every direction, like a gas cloud or something.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:37 pm

This concept made me think of a near death experience I read once...so much so that I had to go dig it up. It is quiet an involved and lengthy account..thats probably why it stuck with me, but one line in particular really stands out:

I was also showed much of what is unknown about our almost unimaginably beautiful universe. There are beings that sail for a better word across the vast oceans that we call space time, pushed by radiant energy on gossamer wings thousands of miles across...

There are other strange humanoid life forms so advanced from us that one could not get them to recognize me as a sentient being. Others were primitive, others almost totally like or earth but with minute differences. What we call matter is simply a wisp of smoke and I could rush through giant planets, which flashed be as rock, crystal, fire and again into the unimaginable void of the unifiers into the composite white light of SOURCE.. Our universe would at first appear as it reseeded as an infinite dark plane then become a huge black orb until it was just one black dot amongst the infinite other universe in the eternal now of existence. All interconnected molecules of one colossal gigantic cosmic body

Taken from:

http://www.nderf.org/alan_m_nde.htm

I read a LOT of these......Cosca
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Wow....wookiees are nerds!!!!

Bruce Wayne
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 am

Hey Robin, butt

I just read the first part of that article, pretty incredible story. Can't say i don't believe him, something about it sounds way more credible than say a redneck in a cornfield saw aliens type story. I've had my own share of supernatural dreams but they tend to be more one on one/confrontational, nothing this lofty.
"Colossal gigantic cosmic body"
Body of what! That's the one thing that's hitting me. If i had the chance to ask the big question i think i might be more interested in knowing what than why. I'd rather know what the hell is all this than why the hell is all this.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum