Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Game is Live and We are In!

+2
tan
cosca
6 posters

Go down

The Game is Live and We are In! Empty The Game is Live and We are In!

Post  cosca Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 pm

GNHU has been assigned to deathwind corridor server and if you were guilded with us on the tor websight you will automatically be asked to join the guild upon loading into deathwind corridor. Otherwise see me as Cosca on the republic side.

I have also started to Imperial toons there to make an evil twin version of the guild for players who like it on the dark side.

See you all in game Very Happy

Cosca
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

The Game is Live and We are In! Empty Re: The Game is Live and We are In!

Post  tan Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Is that server name part of star wars folklore or something because i'm trying my best to think of a way that it can sound cool and its not happening. Deathwind corridor just sounds like ass wind colon fart. Butt tunnel. I can't be the only one thinking this...
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:03 am

Ok...my mind doesn't think like yours, but NOW I get the Deathwind meaning..You just had to make a fart comment...

Bruce Wayne
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 am

Aha, i did some research, it is folklore.

The Death Wind Corridor was a hyperlane through an area of the galaxy known as the Cloak of the Sith.

Because of navigational hazards there were only two hyperspace routes into the area. The more popular of the two routes was the Manda-Roon Merchant Route; the other was the more secret Death Wind Corridor. This route was the "back door" into the area, the Corridor traveled through the worlds of Ryloth and Roon. The latter planet was notorious for its use as a staging area for Twi'lek smugglers that were smuggling ryll. Because of the Corridor’s importance in ryll distribution, it was frequently the subject of interest for many underworld figures, especially the Hutts.

i'm not the only one to consider it a butt joke.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthus Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:19 am

My current characters on this server are:

Kaley (Jedi Knight)

Kiley (Sith Warrior)

Arthus

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Swg ends tomorrow, anyone plan on watching the shutdown?

Deathwind Laughing
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:42 pm

tan wrote:Aha, i did some research, it is folklore.

The Death Wind Corridor was a hyperlane through an area of the galaxy known as the Cloak of the Sith.

Because of navigational hazards there were only two hyperspace routes into the area. The more popular of the two routes was the Manda-Roon Merchant Route; the other was the more secret Death Wind Corridor. This route was the "back door" into the area, the Corridor traveled through the worlds of Ryloth and Roon. The latter planet was notorious for its use as a staging area for Twi'lek smugglers that were smuggling ryll. Because of the Corridor’s importance in ryll distribution, it was frequently the subject of interest for many underworld figures, especially the Hutts.

i'm not the only one to consider it a butt joke.

Nerd
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks typing

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/index.vm

I've been looking for vids about what happened but havent' found any yet . Explosion? Fireworks?
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthus Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 am

tan wrote:Thanks typing

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/index.vm

I've been looking for vids about what happened but havent' found any yet . Explosion? Fireworks?

Lots of fireworks, Bib Fortune, Jabba, Boba Fett were at the Sarlaac Pit and were making costumes for everyone to turn into an npc and or re-size them to a mini or oversized giant.

At the end, the developers showed up at the party and thanked everyone for the past 8 years.

Then it shut down like a normal server shutdown.

Arthus

Back to top Go down

Post  irzi76 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:57 pm

To this day I still curse SOE for the destruction of such an awesome MMO. This one was my first MMO that I was actually willing to pay a monthly subscription fee, after getting bored of diablo 2. Not even WoW holds a candle to the fun and companionship I've experienced playing the few years in SWG. So again I'd like to say SCREW YOU SOE AND THE NGE YOU HAD TO KILL THIS WONDERFUL GAME!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

irzi76

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 am

I'm still kinda bitter too, but looking back it's all positive memories. I remember arguing with a 12yr old girl at 4 in the morning for a good 5-10min about the spelling of the word bazaar until we both decided to find a terminal to settle it. She was right, lol, i'll never forget the shame and her little victory chat and dance, i remember that way more than any duel or blaster fight. Good memories.

I went and dug this up from an old post.
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/communication-uk-645aa76d5b0cce2bdda30bc7e5e4623d.html

Found these gems too.
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illustrateur-uk-056ba793f869aeb8654ae243c33b0603.html
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/publicite-uk-f66311d8a94286fc1a8db2c3e346c549.html
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Awe I just saw all this....dammit

Keeping the new guys entertained has been occupying too much of my attention Mad

Rest in peace galaxies....We will always remember you fondly
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthus Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 am

So I've talked with Cosca, Sago and Hendi but have yet to break wind with Heaan or Tun or Irzi.

Where you guys hiding?

Arthus

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Three months, Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East. offtopic
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:45 pm

irzi76 wrote:To this day I still curse SOE for the destruction of such an awesome MMO. This one was my first MMO that I was actually willing to pay a monthly subscription fee, after getting bored of diablo 2. Not even WoW holds a candle to the fun and companionship I've experienced playing the few years in SWG. So again I'd like to say SCREW YOU SOE AND THE NGE YOU HAD TO KILL THIS WONDERFUL GAME!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah I agree that SWG was better than WoW. We had space combat (though i didn't like it) and places to just chill. We had to dodge bounty hunters. We had Vajra, nuff said. The companionship was awesome. I still remember my and TUN's first home a gazebo... We had so much fun together and I have never found that same closeness with peeps in WoW. Even though Irzi was tough to look at as Trando. On another note, I miss NUN, that bitch...
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Hiya all,
Sorry I havent been on yet I will soon. I am just getting into dating again and stuff and I wont be playing online hardcore as much as I used to but I will log in to say hi and hang out once in awhile. I have seen on the other forums I have been listed as officer. Should just put me on member status. Although I would be proud to be an officer I just wont be able to play enough to do any officer duties. Cant wait to see you guys

Heaan

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Dating?...you give up online gaming for Dating?!!!!....thats it. I am so demoting you. AND telling fatty patty Razz

Cosca
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:57 pm

I jumped onto Ventrilo the other night. I saw that Cosca and Sago were both on. I didn't say anything cause my fricken headset busted. Just letting yall know I was lurking...lol
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down