Galactic Nerf Herders Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An awkward Question from Cosca

+3
tan
Inenor Ietageed
cosca
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An awkward Question from Cosca Empty An awkward Question from Cosca

Post  cosca Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:48 pm

O.k....I want to ask something and I'm struggling with how to put it so I will just lay it out there....

When we began to consider resurecting the guild as GNHU I thought it would be a good idea to pick up some new players because...to be frank...there was maybe five of us left? So I turned to YouTube and threw out the net....well....we caught a lot more fishes than I bargained on and the great majority of those particular fishes happen to be of the LGBT variety. That is great...however, my purpose was not to "gay up" the guild but to provide a gaming environment where everyone can be exactly who and what they are without changing that to suit the fears/biases of others. Which means Heaan would be free to throw all the ennuendo he wants as long as he can take it in return....Yes heaan, I'm lookin at you.
whip

A new Nerfherder recomended an alliance with a guild that is predominately LGBT and it made me stop for a second to consider where this whole thing is going and how it will affect you guys. I want this guild to be as comfortable for you guys as I do for anyone else...and you are my friends, your opinions matter. Many of you have been in this guild since day one.

So...my question is:

Is the fact that we may have a very gay friendly gaming environment with possible alliances with other similar guilds something that makes you uncomfortable?...and...is the guild moving in a direction that you still feel comfortable being a part of?

I would appreciate honest answers and it's ok to voice your fears and concerns. Also, I need to say that I have also reached out to guilds like DotA for alliances. The goal for me is that we all have a place were we can joke and play...and occasionally argue....as one big family with all the disfunctionality that comes with that. Razz

Let me know what you think

Cosca
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

An awkward Question from Cosca Empty Re: An awkward Question from Cosca

Post  cosca Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm

You people never read anything Razz beat
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Inenor Ietageed Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm perfectly fine with it. The way i see it, it is a life choice. If you respect mine i shall respect yours in turn. Plus the more friends the merrier right?
Inenor Ietageed
Inenor Ietageed

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Yes...this is true Ine. And I will not tolerate anyone acting in a disrespectfull manner to others regardless of what walk of life they may come from. I just don't want you guys to feel like you are drownding in it. Perhaps my fears are unfounded....so far everyone has been mellow on the forums. Which means I am probably over reacting. Besides...NOTHING these guys could say or do could possibly be more provocative than an average play session with our cherished and beloved Heaan...who makes me laugh and blush with embarrasment all at the same time Embarassed Laughing
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 pm

I think i know what you're getting at, i'm thinking of that scene in the movie police academy where the two dumb cops get mislead into the blue oyster club, classic. That has to be on youtube.

My thoughts are kinda what inenor said, its a lot of people but it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't start adding labels, you'd end up excluding people.

Also, since the friend and foe spots are limited, i'd wait til a situation in game popped up to decide who goes in there. It's no good to fill it in with strangers, wait til you find the person you want to throw your shoe at, then mark them down.

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks for the thoughtfull reply TUN and Ine. It is appreciated. Now if I could just find that shoe....
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

An awkward Question from Cosca Moe

tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:56 pm

speaking of Heaan....he has been absent for some time. Is he still even reading these things?
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Vecau doesn't....
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't have a problem with a person's sexuality. Honestly, though gay or straight i don't care to hear intimate details about ones sex life. I don't mind hearing about TUN's sex life cause there's only so much you can do to yourself.

Batman
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:29 pm

OK...i have a question too...Is the word "gay" considered offensive or it is just a word to describe a class. Is it considered like black, white or hispanic? Or is homosexual be less offensive?

The Batman
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:32 pm

OMG of course i read these forums silly. Ive found a new thing to do that I enjoy. Peeing on my boys. Dude its freaking awesome. Oh and Im off the gay thing for now I am more into telling stories about my new blow up doll girlfriend. Her name is Fatty Patty. Im kinda in love. I have been getting the reputation lately of being the one with a hole in the basement and skinning women but people dont know anything they just guessing.
Gay people are fun I am ok with it. My favorite customer is a cross dresser he/she bakes me cookies and pies

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

@Heaan...I'm Jealous...I want cookiees and pies Sad

@Vec There is nothing wrong with saying gay. Like most descriptive words it only matters how you use it. I have met "African-Americans" who are offended when a white person uses the word black and "Black" persons who refuse to be refered to as African-American. And we all know that the tone and context you use a word like Black, Hispanic, or Asian makes a world of difference...gay is just the same. And no one(except Heaan) is going to divulge detail about their sexual lives unless you go their first...fair warning.
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Check my facebook out people pay me with cupcakes.

Jerry morse
plumbmasta@comcast.net

My craigslst ad. its kinda funny
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/sks/2559237405.html

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey the ad's expired.

Vec likes Wham.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  cosca Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

those cupcakes looked awesome...I never should have looked before dinner ....so hungry..
cosca
cosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Heaan Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Redid my ads

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/sks/2617929548.html

and

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/sks/2618677226.html

Heaan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 am

Smile "go pee in a bucket"

Great ad, i'd call you in a heartbeat. I get the impression that you could build a house from scratch, i've always wanted to do that... could probably do a log cabin, no windows.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 am

Actually I do like Wham! Thanks for posting TUN.

Batman
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm

I know you like them, that's why i added the link. Whenever that song or video plays i think of you.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Basically whenever i see men dancing around in short shorts i think of you.
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vecau Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:27 pm

I won't ask where you see men dancing around in shorts?

Batman
Vecau
Vecau

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthus Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 am

Okay, honesty time.

First of all, I think the world of Cosca and Amola. Don't get me wrong in anything I say as a personal attack.

I don't mind a persona's sexuality. That's their preference, I hold nothing against that of anyone.

What I do mind are the people that push their views in a hateful manner. I think of Rosie O'Donnel when I say this. She spews hate whenever she speaks and is a bitter person.

My thoughts have always been "if that's your choice, fine. Just dont push it on me." Just like how Christians shouldn't be standing in front of abortion clinics. Or any religion preaching that everyone elses' views are wrong.

I do believe that everyone should have the opportunity to love and marry if they find that special person. Absolutely.

I agree and support Cosca and Amola's endeavors online and in Washington. Like I said, I am a firm believer in equality.

The only reservations i have is when the community starts pushing their LGBT agenda and I am a straight man, or that I would find myself being "hit on" by another man.

I find for myself that the MMO commmunity presents the "opportunity" to possibly meet someone with like-minded interests that "may" present itself. Granted, I don't really count on it, but who knows?
(which is why I secretly been going to Fan Faire for the past 5 years for SWG)

I see this a lot in my current league in DCUO where a buddhist is constantly talking about his way of living and how he hates how Christians always preach that he is wrong.

I respect everyone's views and try to be a peacemaker to find a middle ground. We don't always have to agree to enjoy each others views, ya know?

So, having said all that. I encourage the Nerfherders to go in this direction, I think that if you can make a stronger guild with people of likemindedness in personal and gaming lives, go for it.

I would like to still join in having fun with the group, but I honestly don't think I would be comfortable joining as a guild member. I hope you understand my reservations.

Arthus

Back to top Go down

Post  tan Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Think about it art, you'll get to play with new lesbian friends full time, i can't wait.

An awkward Question from Cosca Alright
tan
tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthus Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 am

[quote="tan"]Think about it art, you'll get to play with new lesbian friends full time, i can't wait.

Maybe so, but that means they wouldn't want me cause Im not a lesbian Sad

Arthus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next